zondag 21 november 2010

Written Task 1

Dear diary, Rosings, 1st November

Today could have been a delightful day, however it was a huge disappointment. I made plans for visiting Longbourn to have an important conversation with Elizabeth Bennet. I have heard a rumour about a marriage between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth. I was scandalized. Elizabeth is ruining all my plans! I’ve already made an appointment with my dear sister, that once our children are going to get married. Mr. Darcy may never make a promise of marriage to Elizabeth, instead he has to marry my daughter.

So I went to the Bennet’s place to convince Elizabeth. I asked her to join me to the garden. I told her that her plans of marrying Mr. Darcy, are ridiculous! The Bennet’s have such low connections, and when Darcy’s marrying Elizabeth, would ruin him in the opinion of all his friends and family. Elizabeth reacted in a terrible way, telling me that marrying Mr. Darcy would constitute her happiness and that she had no reference to me! How could she think of something like that, the egoist! She has nothing to offer Mr. Darcy. How could such a handsome, rich, high-classed nobleman marry to a terrible, low-classed and unfriendly girl? I was so furious and frustrated, that I left the Bennet’s place immediately!
I hope that today’s conversation is having a great influence on Elizabeth. I hope, eventually, she would turn the marrying plans down. She doesn’t deserve Mr. Darcy!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Vrienden